Island Life   

    the community website serving the Channel Islands                                                                       celebrating 18 years 2000 - 2018




Guernsey Attractions


Places of Interest


Aquarium, La Vallette, St Peter Port

Housed in German built tunnels, the Aquarium has a wide range of tropical and local fish as well as amphibians and reptiles

Open 10.00 am to dusk

Perry's Ref: 25H3 Tel:723301 Web:


Beau Sejour

Beau Sejour, Beau Sejour, St Peter Port

The island's publicly owned leisure centre is situated at Beau Sejour Park with spectacular views of the east coast. Built in 1976, it caters for a wide range of activities including cinema, theatre, a large heated indoor swimming pool, water flumes and many sports such as squash, outdoor tennis, badminton, volley ball and bowls. Also games machines and bouncy castle 

Open daily 9.00 am to 11.00pm

Perry's Ref: T J3 Tel:725891 Web:

Bruce Russell Gold and Silversmith, Le Gron, St Saviour

Guernsey's largest manufacturer of 9 and 18 ct gold and silverware and holder of the Freemanship of the Goldsmith's hall, London. Workshop, showroom and fabulous cafe set in five acres of landscaped gardens.

Open daily 9.00am to 5.00pm (Mon to Sat in winter)

Perry's Ref: 28B1 Tel: 264321 Web:

Catherine Best Jewellery Studio, Steam Mill Lane, St Martin

Situated in a converted windmill on the outskirts of town, see Catherine and her team at work designing and creating jewellery for export around the world. The shop also has many semi-precious stones from which to choose.

Open 9.00am to 5.00pm Mon - Sat

Perry's Ref: 24D3 Tel: 237771 Web:


Coach House Gallery, La Route du Longfrie, St Peter

A fabulous gallery of llcoal watercolor and oil paintings on two floors in a complex of farm buildings. There are normally monthly exhibitions of work by various artists. 

Open daily 11.00am to 5.00pm

Perry's Ref: 21F5 Tel: 265339 Web:


Guernsey Candles,, Les Petites Capelles, St Sampson

Workshop and studio. See the craftsmen at work producing and crafting candles of all designs for export worldwide. The company uses 20 tonnes of paraffin a year. Admission free

Open daily 9.00am to 5.30pm

Perry's Ref: 9G3  Tel: 249686 Web:


Guernsey Cans (Coppersmith), Edwardian Tin, Copper & Silverworks, Sausmarez Manor, Sausmarez Road, St Martin

Workshop and studio Admission free.

The last remaining working Coppersmith in the Channel Islands, See the famous Guernsey Milk Can being Made, Shop houses giftware in Copper, Silver, Brass, Bronze,  Wood & Resin.   

Open daily 10.00am to 5.00pm (Summer); 10.00am to 4.00pm Mon-Fri (Winter)

Perry's Ref: 31E19G3  Tel: 233339 Web:


Guernsey Clockmakers, Les Vauxbelets, St Andrew

Situated near the famous Little Chapel, see a wide range of clocks and barometers being made in the workshop and purchase from their shop.

Open Mon to Fri 8.30am to 5.30pm and Sat 10.00am to 4.00pm

Perry's Ref: 23E4 Tel: 236360 Web:


Guernsey Freesia Centre, Route Carre, St Sampson

Close to Oatlands Village, the centre not only grows freesias for export or mailing to the UK, but also explains the process from planting the bulbs to packing. Freesias and gifts can be purchased from the shop.

Open daily 10.00am to 5.00pm

Perry's Ref: 10A2 Tel: 248185 Web:


Guernsey Pearl, Rocquaine Bay, St Peter

Visit the famous workshop and see pearls being strung and stop at their shop and tea house. Or visit their shop in the Town Commercial Arcade.  

Open daily 9.30am to 5.00pm

Perry's Ref: 20B5 Tel: 266404 Web:

Guernsey Toys, Victoria Road, St Peter Port

The home of the Guernsey teddy. Also many other soft toys for sale including Beannies. Personalise Teddy's Guernsey sweater with your child's own name.

Open Mon to Sat 9.30am to 5.00pm 

Perry's Ref: T H9 Tel: 723871  Web:

Karting Guernsey, Victoria Avenue, St Sampson

Experience the thrill of driving real karts around a tarmac track at the Kart centre. Enthusiasts will love this track which encircles the Island's premier football stadium.

Open daily 

Perry's Ref: 10B5  Tel: 723414 Web:


Le Friquet Garden Centre, Le Friquet, Castel

Owners Blue Diamond Group, have developed a leading-edge multi-million pound garden centre complex, opened in 2009 covering an extensive area including the garden centre, children's indoor and outdoor play areas, family restaurant and cafe.

Open daily

Perry's Ref:  16A3 Tel: 259220 Web:


Little Chapel Inside Little Chapel  

Little Chapel, Les Vaubelets, St Andrew

The chapel Les Vaubelets is probably the smallest chapel in the world and is the work of brother Deodat Antoine. It is based on the Church of Ste Bernadette at Lourdes. This was his third attempt having destroyed the two earlier ones presumably because he was not satisfied with them. The current chapel was started in 1923 but he returned to France in 1939 due to poor health. Brother Cephas to cover his work to complete the chapel, decorating it inside and outside using a combination of pottery and broken china. Although never consecrated, it did receive a blessing from a bishop of Portsmouth. The large building behind the chapel was once the monastery, later to become Les Vaubelets college for boys and is now occupied by the Catholic based Blanchelande College for girls

Open daily 

Perry's Ref: 12D5 Tel: 264040  Web:


Moulin Huet Pottery, Moulin Huet Valley, St Martin

Working pottery in a converted cottage in the attractive Moulin Huet valley. There is also a shop from selling a wide range of items including water color paintings.

Open daily 10.00 am to 5.00pm

Perry's Ref: 16A3 Tel: 237201 Web:

Oatlands Centre, Gigands Road, St Sampson

A popular centre for locals and tourists alike. Housed in a traditional Guernsey farmhouse with old kilns and outbuildings, there is something for all the family on this seven acre site. The centre includes a goldsmith, gifts shops plus activity barn and playground.

Open daily 9.30am to 5.00pm

Perry's Ref: 9G3 Tel: 244282  Web:


Pamela Dorey Studio, Kings Mills, Castel

Situated at her home in the lovely Kings Mills valley, see Pamela at work in her studio and view her fabulous paintings of local and worldwide scenes.

Open most days in the Spring and Summer

Perry's Ref: 14 D4 Tel: 256644 Web:


Rona Cole Gallery, Candie Museum

Situated at Candie Museum,. the art gallery features fascinating pieces of art and other fine works from local and visiting artists.

Open daily April to Oct 10.00am to 5.00pm & Nov to Mar 10.00am to 4.00pm

Perry's Ref: T H5 Tel: 726518 Web:


Saumarez Manor

Saumarez Manor, 

Saumarez Manor and Petland

The only privately owned Stately home in Guernsey, there are many things to do including a guided tour of the house plus pitch and put, Petlands and extensive grounds for wandering around. The de Saumarez family have been Fief's (Lord) of the Manor for many  centuries and the site has been home for the family since around 1220 AD.

Open 10.00am to 5.00pm

Perry's Ref: 31E1 Tel: 235904 Web:


St Apolline's Chapel, La Grande Rue, St Saviour

This small medieval chapel named after St Apolline , the patron saint of dentists, dates back to 1392. It has been restored and is now open to the public. A feature of the chapel is a 14th century painting of the Last Supper.

Open daily

Perry's Ref: 13E5


The Island Bowl, Victoria Avenue, St Sampsons

Guernsey's multi-lane bowls stadium is open daily and open to the members and the public. Ideal location for the whole family. 

Open daily 9.00 am to 11.00pm

Perry's Ref:  Tel: 710444 Web:



Victor Hugo House

Victor Hugo House, 38 Hauteville, St Peter Port

The famous French writer Victor Hugo arrived in Guernsey with his wife Adele on 31st October 1855 and lived her in exile from 1855 to 1870. At first he rented 20 Hauteville but later acquired it for his mistress of fifty years Juliette Drouet. He then purchased 38 Hauteville and while in Guernsey wrote 'Les Miserables'. 

All of his children except his youngest Adele, died before him. His descendants bequeathed 38 Hauteville to the City of Paris in 1927 and the City of Paris still owns and maintains it today.  Guided tours throughout the summer of this fine Town house, give an insight into the life of this famous man.  To celebrate the 200th anniversary of his life, the gardens are being restored to their former Victorian glory to re-create the romantic vision that Hugo originally planned. Once complete, the gardens will be open to visitors for the first time in more than a decade. The island is also planning many events for this special celebration in 2002 and it is hoped that a Guernsey production of 'Les Miserables', the famous West-end musical adaptation of the Hugo novel. 

Click here to find out more about this famous but also generous man who helped the poor of St Peter Port.

Open Mon to Sat 10.00am to 11.45am & 2.00pm to 4.45pm 1st Apr-30 Sept and 10.00pm-4.45pm July & Aug  

Perry's Ref: T K10 Tel: 721911 Web:


26 Cornet Street

Victorian Shop and Parlour, 26 Cornet Street, St Peter Port

The oldest surviving building in the medieval town as most of the others in the are were destroyed by canon fire in the English Civil war. It dates back to the 1600s and is maintained by the National Trust of Guernsey. Enter a bygone age and browse the traditional shop selling gifts and souvenirs

Open Tues to Thurs and Sat 10.00am to 4.00pm

Perry's Ref: T K2 Tel: 728451 Web:


Search the Site

Follow us on Twitter

Find us on Facebook

Follow islandlifeinfo on Twitter